Dungeon Escape is a short adventure side-scroller platformer game, based on GameDevHQ's Professional Unity Developer Program. It's more of a tech demo to demonstrate that I am a capable Unity Developer programmer and that I can create a finished-looking game, for different platforms, within a timeframe.
I went through the course material and expanded on it.
- Added more platforms that can only be reached by obtaining a special ability to double jump.
- Added more areas to the given map layout they provided. More areas to explore.
- Added Health Potion to the smuggler shop.
- Added sounds to the game. The course did not go through the sound process.
- Skeletons revive within a random time frame (30-120 seconds).
- Added a basic intro to introduce the player to the objective.
- Added some other tweaks that enhance the player experience.
The objective is to obtain the key and escape to the castle.
Abilities: Flamesword (damage from 2 to 3) and Flight of Boots (Enables Double Jump).
Controls: A and D keys to move left/right. Space to jump. Left Mouse Click to attack. Escape for pausing.
All art is provided by GameDevHQ.
Some sounds were downloaded from OpenGameArt.org. I downloaded a fantasy pack by:
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.